- From San Clemente, CA 1000 miles would take us all the way to Seattle, WA or San Antonio, TX or even Mazatlan, Mexico depending on the direction we headed.
- We could also pick a route that would have us touch 7 states. Starting in CA, going through NV, AZ, UT, CO, WY and then landing in NE.
- If we started in New York City, we would make it all the way to Tampa, FL.
- I also read that it is 1000 flight miles from New York City to London.
- Now if we were started in Johannesburg, South Africa, where the Bridges Forever home is, and headed north we would not only cross northern South Africa, but we would also travel through the countries of Botswana, Zimbabwe and Zambia. And land in the border town of Lubumbashi in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. (Now I've been a lot of places, but can't say I've been there.) I think this would be the most interesting journey and probably the most dangerous.
I wonder what else is 1000 miles. I wonder if we combined our miles together, how far we would go? Might have to look that up and share... Until then I am running and running and running and smiling as I think of all the wonderful places my miles could take me and the smiles my feet will help to bring those wonderful children in the Bridges Forever home.